If you are a church member, and have a pastor you care about, these great thoughts by Keith Haney are great. We all ought to think about that these men who are called to preach God’s Word do and support them. Blessings and enjoy!
Consider the following sobering survey results of the personal and professional lives of the clergy:
– 90% of pastors work more than 46 hours a week
– 80% believed that pastoral ministry affected their families negatively
– 33% said that being in ministry was an outright hazard to their family
– 75% reported a significant stress-related crisis at least once in their ministry
– 50% felt unable to meet the needs of the job
– 90% felt they were inadequately trained to cope with ministry demands
– 70% say they have a lower self-esteem now than when they started out
– 40% reported a serious conflict with a parishioner at least once a month
– 37% confessed having been involved in inappropriate sexual behavior with someone in the church
– 70% do not have someone they consider a close friend.
I started this series because I believe most congregations have…
View original post 720 more words